1. Everyone ever born comes into this world with an inherent knowledge of God and is therefore has a spiritual bent. Adam and Eve were ‘bent’ toward God until they willfully disobeyed God and became rebels.
2. Since the Fall of man in the Garden the main problem in this world and everyone in it is called sin (the aforementioned rebellion against God).
3. Man’s sin and rebellion against God is the single most important issue the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ addresses.
4. If we omit the issue of sin from the ‘gospel’ we share with others and we think it has the power to save someone we are terribly deceived, or we are just plain liars.
5. We will be held accountable on judgment day for the ‘gospel’ we preached, whether or not we have been deceived about what it must contain. Whatever we are taught a saving gospel message contains, we have Bibles that make it crystal clear.
“Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you–unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.” – The Apostle Paul
That’s it. That’s the gospel that has the power to save. Pretty simple message isn’t it? There are a million ways to share it and we’ve all been given ‘divine appointments’ to do just that. So let’s get it right shall we?